''Dear Klairs'' Review





 Hi all :) Today I'm bringing you a review of a couple of products from a very popular brand, some might say cult brand, in the world of Korean skincare. I will be sharing my personal experience with these products with you and my honest thoughts. I hope it will be helpful.


Dear Klairs - Freshly juiced vitamin drop
 
The main hero in this serum is vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid. Vitamin C is known for brightening the overall complexion, helping to lighten hyperpigmentation scars as well as having strong antioxidant properties which protect your skin from outside pollution and free radicals. Having suffered from acne in the past myself, I was excited to try it as I've been left with some scarring on my face. The concentration of ascorbic acid in this serum isn't as highly concentrated as others- it is 5%. However, that makes it suitable for use during the day even underneath makeup, which is the way I use it. Furthermore, because it is at a low percentage it will not irritate the skin - I personally haven't experienced any irritation and my skins falls on the more sensitive side. The formula is enriched with essential oils such as orange and lavender oil. At first when you apply it, it feels almost like a face oil but it actually blends beautifully into your skin and sinks in within seconds. This is one of the aspects making it much more pleasant and easy to apply than serums or creams with higher percentages of ascorbic acid. Due to how chemically unstable vitamin C is, some of you might worry about the fact that it is in a clear container - however, ''Klairs'' uses an innotative stabilizing formula with Centella Asiatica (another cult ingredient) so that's not something to be concerned about. I think it might be a bit early for me to say about whether or not it's effective in brightening scars as I've only been using it for a few weeks, but so far I do feel that my complexion is getting brighter. 
Overall, I would definitely recommend this serum but it's important to remember that with active ingredients such as vitamin C consistency and patience are key when it comes to seeing results.


Dear Klairs - Rich moist soothing serum

The key ingredient in this product is hyaluronic acid - one of the most talked about ingredients in the beauty community in the past year. Many people get a bit cautious when hearing the word ''acid'', however hyaluronic acid is not a resurfacing acid, like glycolic acid for instance. Hyaluronic acid is amazing in due to its amazing moisturizing properties - it works by attracting water from the air, being able to hold 1000x its weight in water. It's also a great way to hydrate oily or combination skin types as it's very lightweight. Because we are currently going into summer, I was on the hunt for a more lightweight moisturizer which won't leave my skin feeling greasy afterwards. This is exactly what this serum provides. Amazingly, one small pump of it is enough to cover my entire face and neck so I know it will last for ages. There is not much more I can say about it - I think it's a great staple product in one's skincare routine and it's become a staple for me too.


Finally, I think it's important to note that both these products are vegan and formulated for sensitive skin so I would say they are safe for anybody to use.

Comments